Programming Subreddit

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Feb 9 21:40:52 EST 2013

On 10/02/2013, at 1:28 PM, Jim Little <littlejamesw at mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for replying to this subreddit.  I was getting in over my head, in trying to reply.

Well... he is right... iterating the directory tree in python can clearly be done in a less verbose and more readable fashion. Unfortunately people try and sell LiveCode by saying one line of code = many in language X however it's often the case that due to some library etc being available one line in language x might be many hours of coding in LiveCode. If/when there's hundreds of thousands of LiveCode users then we will have lots of libraries to use too...

On the upside, what he clearly thinks is hard/harder (his bonus points) is the GUI for the user to say what image is good and what is bad. That's very easy in LiveCode.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!