Another Hardrive went down!

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Feb 8 16:06:56 EST 2013

1. I've been warning people for years about WD drives. The worst. After
being burned a few times, by 2004 I've insisted on Seagate and have had one
fail out of 20. The MTBFs of the new generation of dense drives are nothing
short of amazing. And I run my drives HARD with video and audio work.

I don't use time machine.   I put all my work data on an external drive,
and create an identical drive and make incremental backups at the end of
the day. Data in pairs.

2.  I would likely use SSDs as 'work' drives. Put a project on there and
use for speedier rendering, OR use it as a boot drive for quick startups.
But never as an archive.