Trying to make economic sense of open sourcing livecode

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Wed Feb 6 10:07:03 EST 2013

Interestingly - one of the side effects of the file based export of large
stacks for Git repos - is that the monolythic stack gets digested into
chunks - this can make it much easier to re-engineer as a lean stack that
reads and writes to text files.

Also GIT deals very very well with hundreds or even thousands of text files
- I've had to scale down my LiveCode repo as it involves many thousands of
text files - (every handler I have ever written is saved as a single text
file) - but even then a single repo is manageable.

On 6 February 2013 14:51, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com