Substitute "LiveCode" for "Scratch"

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:57:58 EST 2013

> We see LiveCode as the natural step up from Scratch. It is perfect for
> ages 13 to 18, just when kids start to outgrow Scratch. Which isn't to say
> that LC can't one day be dumbed down for the younger age group, but right
> now that is its sweet spot.

I would say that Livecode is not "a natural step up from Scratch" because
Scratch doesn't really resemble a programming language at all.

I have taught children of 8 and up to achieve quite a few things with
Livecode,
and with NO dumbing down at all.

I do feel that by mentioning dumbing down in this context you are
under-estimating the capabilities of a lot of children younger than 13.