Open source, LC server and revigniter

Dave Kilroy2 dave at businessplaninsight.com
Mon Feb 4 11:34:18 EST 2013

Yes I agree, I don't see how RunRev will get any reward for having a server
version - and if they don't get any reward for it then it may be less likely
to be developed on an on-going basis.

I use TextMate to write code and upload to a server (whether I use
revigniter or not) - I'm not building a standalone or even uploading a stack
- so as far as I can see it will make no difference whether I use the
commercial or GPL version.

If I create and upload some stacks I guess I'll still be OK with the GPL
version as I'm not building a standalone?

If I build a standalone and upload that only then will need a commercial
licence (unless I also make source code available)

Or maybe RunRev are happy to have the server version as a loss-leader?

Dave

Ah good to know - my bad. Doesn't immediately strike me as in your
interests - though I can see some companies demanding this - still why you
don't simply require them to pay up for a commercial license on the server
like seems at odds with the overall strategy, and less likely to promote
open code on the server side?