Trying to make economic sense of open sourcing livecode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:58:29 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> It also has the potential to remove the Hypercard danger - that of being
> stuck in an orphaned product.  If its open sourced that can never happen.

The OSS branch can never get orphaned.  The commercial branch can, however . . .

Now I'm musing about ways to deal with that; perhaps an exception that
allows the proprietary standalone to be built if certain events occur?
 a cod escrow?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462