Left and Right Shift Keys or Modifier Keys

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 2 19:32:50 EST 2013

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Saturday, February 2, 2013, 4:22:50 PM, Richard wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't each of those be available to us (perhaps under a different
>> identifier) from rawKeyDown and/or the modifier key messages?
>
> No, the rawKeyDown codes are different from the hardware scan codes.

Yes, that's what I' was referring to with "under a different identifier".

Maybe I missed something earlier - is there a reason that specific
hardware info needs to be known to the app, or is it just to know what
to respond to in order to support a specific user-driven action?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World