Trying to make economic sense of open sourcing livecode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:17:38 EST 2013

On 02/02/2013 02:16 AM, François Chaplais wrote:
> OK, open source is the cure for cancer...
> So I spend months, which become years implementing, say, a decent math library for Livecode....
> Who pays the rent?????

You will have to release it as commercial-only if you want any rent at
all in the form of money.

If, however, you want a universally stronger Livecode you can release it
as Open Source.

I have a feeling you don't entirely understand the Open Source paradigm;
there isn't all that much
point in asking these sort of questions as people like Richard Stallman
have already answered them
a very long time ago (well, at least time for his beard to grow down to
his knees - LOL).