to find the first numeric line?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Feb 1 12:00:13 EST 2013

Hi Tiemo,
Apologies for not testing the code I sent you.  It turns out that lineIndex
can only address the contents of a field, not a variable.  That seems quite
shortsighted to me, but that's the way it is.

That may make it unusable for your purposes but, for the record, I ran the
same test as you and it took 26 milliseconds to get the line number,
including however long it takes to execute the answer command.

I also tried it with the first qualifying line being the last one, 32768 in
my case, and it took 41 milliseconds,

I'm just learning about regular expressions and they really are very useful
in the right circumstances,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>