Scroll increment

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 31 13:39:11 EST 2013

On 12/30/13 11:52 PM, John wrote:

> The standard scrolling field in liveCode supports the a mouse scroll
> wheel.  What is a bit unusual is that the height of the field
> dictates how far the field “hops” as you scroll. In short fields (50
> high) the field “jumps” in ½ character height increments (assuming
> the default font and size are used).  In 100 high fields it is one
> line at a time increasing to 10 lines at a time when the field is
> 1000 high.

I think this may depend on your mouse and the OS. On my Mac using a
magic mouse the amount of scroll depends on how fast I move my finger.
On a mouse with a fixed scroll wheel it's probably different and may
depend on the number of messages the scroll wheel sends for each change.

I'm just guessing, so it would be interesting to see if you get
different results with a different mouse.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com