[OT] Mac OS 10.9

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 06:41:17 EST 2013

Well, having upgraded my VMware version of Snow Leopard to Mavericks
I was getting "all excited" just as I did a few years ago over 10.1,
10.2, 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5
when I was a Mac-only chap.

Then I discovered a few things that made me feel rather disappointed:

1. any attempt to look for updates, and my attempt to install xCode 5
required a Debit/Credit card;
     I used mine, but am not overly happy about having to enter those
details considering all I am downloading are free downloads.

2. More kiddified, more commercialized and more controlly.

OK; jolly nice to have it there to play with: but a good thing I kept a
copy of my VMware 10.6 to one side to go back to for
my development work.

Richmond.