Tracking LC problems with Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:10:23 EST 2013

On 28/12/13 10:16, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> <snip>

> So you need a reference base system.  My own choice would be Slackware,
> because it is the least tweaked of all distributions.  If something will not
> run properly on Slackware it is almost certainly a problem of the package
> itself.
>
> But, to establish that its the base system you have to eliminate the window
> manager and desktop environment.

> <snip>
2 questions:

1.  I wonder if there is a way to get Debian functioning without a
desktop environment?

2.  How would one go about installing Livecode on a system without a GUI?

2.1  I wonder if one could install Livecode on Debian running, say,
XFCE, and then
remove XFCE and call Livecode from the command line?

The latter one is more urgent than the former.

Richmond.