livecode on xubuntu 13.10

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Dec 24 00:14:07 EST 2013

On 24/12/2013, at 3:09 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> I don't think so. I see that Mr. Waddingham has a branch to add this
> feature back in, but it doesn't look like it's made it into the
> official build yet.

That could be something different I think. It looks to me like it's a player type support so the community standalone engine could run stacks. I'm not sure what would need to be added to get it to run a script like the old CGI mode did. I'm not sure why the feature would be community only either but it appears to be limited to it. Perhaps RunRev don't want a player of protected stacks in the wild?

Anyway, I think you could get something pretty close to the old CGI now by just adding one line to your file. I think you just need to add something to the global script to call startUp:

#!<path to server engine>

startUp

on startUp
   -- do whatcha like
end startUp

You will want to modify your scripts to remove all the stuff that server does for you though.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services