IDE Menu Shortcuts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 21 20:25:12 EST 2013

On 12/21/13 6:40 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> You could add this palette to your plugins folder, restart LiveCode, and
> then configure the palette to auto-open every time you launch LiveCode
> using the options under  Development > Plugins > Plugin Settings.

That's what I do too, and have been for years. I've got a custom plugin
that inserts both front and back scripts. My frontscript has all sorts
of custom menu and script editor triggers. My backscript contains
development handlers that automate some common tasks I do often, which I
call from the message box. I've been tinkering with it for years, it's a
mess, but it's my mess and I love it.

The stack is set in the plugins settings to open invisibly. There's a
handler on the first card that inserts the scripts when it opens and
removes them when it closes (but I never close it.) I forget it's there
but I'm lost without it.

This kind of thing is really easy to do and you can make it into
anything you need. You can add a handler at any time and it is instantly
available everywhere.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com