Polling/probing the keyboard?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 04:11:53 EST 2013

On 21/12/13 09:39, As_Simon wrote:
> Hi Richond,
> I just did a vb script for send keys today;
>
> Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> WshShell.AppActivate "Untitled 1 *"
> Wscript.Sleep 1000 'wait 1 seconds
> WshShell.SendKeys "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
> WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
> WScript.Quit
>
> With that and a running exe (title bar "Untitled 1 *) the keys get caught by
> the stack.
> Not sure if that helps you but I figure you might then be able to map the
> keys.
>
> Simon

That's jolly clever.

However, at the risk of being a damp squib, I am wondering if there is a
way to do this inwith Livecode for 2 sound reasons:

1. vb script would tie one to Windows; as pretty well any script would
tie one to a specific operating system.

2. Livecode's greatest strength is that one develop something on one
platform and then deploy it all over the place.

Richmond.