Strange array behavior

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:31:13 EST 2013

Here's a test I did:

   put "one" into Arr[1]
   put "two" into Arr[2]
   put "three" into Arr[3]
   put Arr into Arr2
   put Arr into Arr3
   put "Arr is an array:" && (Arr is an array) into msg
   delete variable Arr2[1]
   delete variable Arr2[2]
   delete variable Arr2[3]
   put cr & "Arr is still an array after deleting its keys:" && (Arr2 is an array) after msg
   put empty into Arr3
   put cr & "Arr is still an array after putting empty into it:" && (Arr3 is an array) after msg

This gives:

   Arr is an array: true
   Arr is still an array after deleting its keys: false
   Arr is still an array after putting empty into it: false

So it appears that the array-ness disappears when you empty the array by whatever method.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig