Strange array behavior

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Dec 16 22:32:37 EST 2013

I have a script local variable which is an array plus a set of handlers in
the script to maintain it.  The array has 2 levels of key, the first being
a number and the second being various text values.

This set up has been working fine for a long time but I just wrote some new
code which calls the array handlers to insert new keys.  At the end of the
new code, I see that the array is empty, in other words it has no keys; it
is keyless; it's an ex array.

When I step through the code that inserts keys into the array in debug, I
see the disclosure triangle appear in the debug variables tab after the
line to insert a key is executed but as soon as I click on the disclosure
triangle, it disappears and the array is empty again.

The normal inspiration for a solution to weird problems like this (a glass
of good 15 year old Scotch) has not yet yielded any revelations and I'm at
the point of diminishing returns, so I'm hoping someone out there might
have run into this or be able to suggest some possible solutions.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>