Polyglot keyDowns

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 15:48:42 EST 2013

On 15/12/13 22:38, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:
> Richmond.
>

> Can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve when you say you want to send a message to a key? It cannot be just this, I assume:
>

> in a button:
>

> on mouseUp
> ask "Choose a Key"
> keyUp it
> end mouseUp
>

> in the card script:
>

> on keyUp var
>    answer var
> end keyUp
>

> This sends a keyUp message with a key as a parameter. Is that like sending a message to a key? What is different in what you want to do?
>

> Craig

I have a virtual keyboard for typing Old Church Slavonic and it will be
used by a wide variety of people wit
English, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian and Armenian keyboards
(among others).

When an end-user lets his/her pointer enter a virtual keyboard button I
want the key on the physical
keyboard to which that is matched to appear in a textField.

So; for the sake of argument, when I pass my mouse over the letter "Ѭ"
which I have mapped to the key that yields a rawKey code 112, on my
English keyboard 'p' should appear in the textField, while on
a Bulgarian's machine a 'з' or a 'п' should appear, depending on which
keyboard mapping s/he is using.

Richmond.