Polyglot keyDowns

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 14:44:48 EST 2013

On 15/12/13 21:35, Thierry Douez wrote:
> Does the livecode command "type" help?

Not as far as I can see.

I can write this sort of script:

on mouseUp
   select after fld "TEXTBOCKS"
   type "p"
end mouseUp

and it will always type 'p'.

What I am trying to do is send a keyUp to a key that is named by its
rawKey code,
in this way the end-user will know the relevant key they have to press
regardless of what symbols are written on their physical keyboard.

All that 'type' does is put text into a field in a slow way; great fun,
but strictly for laughs on a Saturday night.

Richmond.