Zero byte music files

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sat Dec 14 15:09:19 EST 2013

I would guess it's LC. This seems very similar to the Open File command:

Use the *open file* command <glossary/c/99.xml> to create a
file<dictionary/keyword/1452.xml>or prepare an existing
file <dictionary/keyword/1452.xml> for use by the read from
file<dictionary/command/779.xml>or write
to file <dictionary/command/948.xml> commands <glossary/c/99.xml>.

*Parameters:*

filePath - Specifies the name and location of the file you want to open or
create. If you specify a name but not a location, LiveCode assumes the file
is in the defaultFolder. *If the file you specify doesn't exist, LiveCode
creates it.*

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> If I try to load a player with a path to a file that doesn't exist on
> disk, either the OS or LiveCode creates a zero-byte dummy file at the file
> location.
>
> Does anyone know what causes that? Is it LC or the OS? This is on Mac.
>
> --

Regards,

Howard Bornstein