Really long delay in opening Android app (black screen)

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Dec 13 17:16:07 EST 2013

 I have tried using an imported image, a referenced image, including the
image in the "copy files" pane, reducing the colors using tinyPNG, but no
matter what I do, the screen is black for 5 to 10 seconds before the app
displays at all.

I am telling the image to show in preOpenStack, and to hide in openStack
after 2 secs.  I want it to act like a splash screen, but this black-screen
delay is making it quite frustrating.  Without an initial image, the app
opens immediately.

Any ideas?

~Roger