Table Object?

Martin Baxter mblivecode at harbourhosting.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 12:32:01 EST 2013

On 13/12/13 16:35, Devin Asay wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Martin Baxter wrote:
>
>> I've been re-familiarising myself with Livecode after a longish hiatus
>> and looking at the standalone settings realised that I had no idea what
>> the "Table" script library is for. Maybe I once knew but...
>>
>> In the User Guide it states that it is for "Use of the table object"
>>
>> But that is the only mention of "Table Object" that I can find. AFAIK
>> there's no such thing.
>>
>> I'm just curious, but can anybody enlighten me what that script library
>> is for?
>

> Would that be for the "basic table"-style field object?
>
> Devin

Maybe.

I thought it might have something to do with table fields, but I can't
find any info saying what exactly. I wonder if it might enable the
feature whereby the user can click on a "cell" in a table field and
apparently edit it in place? That's all I can think of.

I don't think I ever used that seriously, which might explain my ignorance.

Table isn't mentioned under "library" in the dictionary.

Martin