Livecode socket communication through a FIREWALL?

MCLAWHORN, TONY ABMCLAWH at mailbox.sc.edu
Fri Dec 13 10:55:48 EST 2013

Within a large university, I'm running a Livecode stack that is acting as the server using socket communication.  A firewall is obviously in place.  I have another Livecode stack at home that is acting as a client socket trying to connect to the server stack within the university at my office. It's not working as I kind of expected it wouldn't due to the firewall.

So, is there any possible way to use Livecode socket communication through a firewall?

Using the Livecode socket commands... write to socket and read from socket.  Using it on Mac/PC desktops right now and everything works fine within the university.
Thanks for any input.

---