PC Symbol Font?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 10:26:49 EST 2013

On 11/12/13 21:36, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Well, once I've mastered actually displaying Unicode characters in a LC field...

Not as difficult as it seems.

Even for those of us "stuck" pre what is meant to be coming in LC 7.0.0 :P

All one needs is a print out of the Unicode table(s) for one's writing
system of choice and a calculator that will convert Hex into Decimal
[unless you are some sort of mental whizz who can do that yourself].

Then you can do something rather like this:

put "I'm a little teapot short and stout" into fld "HOOHA"
select after fld "HOOHA"
set the use UnicodeText to true
   set the unicodeText of the selected to numToChar(XXXX)

where 'XXXX' is the Unicode address of the symbol you wish to use
converted into decimal.

Richmond.