PC Symbol Font?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Dec 11 07:27:22 EST 2013

I guess this is trivial, but as someone who works mostly on Macs, I don't know how to represent math symbols (especially pi) in a desktop PC app. Is there a built-in symbol font in Windows from XP on? How do I access it? It's annoying that this isn't really an issue for the Mac but it is for the PC. Of course I could just create a little graphic that looks like 'pi', or 'greater than or equals', or whatever, but this only works for static text really.

Sorry to be dumb, but is anyone displaying these symbols in an LC app on a PC?

TIA

Graham