Turning graphic effects off and on

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 9 15:58:16 EST 2013

On 12/9/13 12:22 PM, "Devin Asay" <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:

>> Not sure where the IDE is saving graphic effects settings, but basically
>> using the checkbox removes the graphic effect.
>>  set the colorOverlay of the btn "foo" to empty
>>
>> If you don't need to rely on the IDE, you can store the graphic effect
>> settings in a custom property or variable (it's an array).
>>
>> You can test whether a graphic effect has been applied to an object by
>> checking the array.
>>  if the dropshadow of btn "foo" is an array thenŠ
>
>Right, I know about setting the effect to empty, but it's the saving of
>the graphic effect settings that's tripping me up. Shouldn't something
>like this work:
>
>  set the colorOverlay_save of btn "foo" to the colorOverlay of btn "foo"
>  --> I thought this would save the array to a new customProp, but it
>just creates an empty custom prop
>  set the colorOverlay of btn "foo" to the colorOverlay_save of btn "foo"

The custom prop is not empty -- it's an array, so it doesn't show up in
the inspector (if the save worked correctly, you'll see a notice in the
inspector explaining this when you inspect the custom property).

You can also verify that a graphic effect can be transferred to another
object like this:

 set the colorOverlay of grc 1 to the colorOverlay of btn "foo"

What you describe above works as expected here (LC 6.1.3).  Are you sure
about your property names and object references?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design