Asking the impossible

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 9 01:21:52 EST 2013

Are you ready for a kludge?

You need the source image somewhere in your stack, and a 1x1 pixel graphic
named "marker" placed on top of the source image.  In your test script:

put formattedrect of the mouseCharChunk into theRect
   put mouseH() - item 1 of theRect, mouseV() - item 2 of theRect into
theOffset
   set loc of grc "marker" to left of img "source" + item 1 of
theOffset,top of img "source" + item 2 of theOffset
   get intersect(grc "marker",img 1,"pixels")

This will test the intersection of the marker graphic with the
transparency of the image used as the image source.
As I said, a kludge, but seems to work here.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design