LC vs mySQL

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 8 14:43:20 EST 2013

Stored procedures get you two things:
1) faster network communication because you're just calling the SP with the
parameters and allowing the server to do all the work instead of sending
the query over the net, then getting the results passed back, then
processing them, perhaps doing some more queries and sending them over the
network, getting more results from the server, etc.
2) more consistency between types of clients if they are not homogenous.
This is more important if you have teams of developers working on a
project, or interrelated projects (like ERP).
3) Potentially faster processing time because more of the work is done on
the server, which presumably has faster hardware and better processing
time.  Plus if you are deciding between doing something in LC
(single-threaded) vs. the server (multi-threaded), you may notice a
difference.