Cloning the selectedObject

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Dec 7 18:22:03 EST 2013

In the LC Dictionary entry on 'clone', it gives as an example

 clone the selectedObject

Now, 'the selectedObject' which is synonymous with 'the selectedObjects', can contain multiple lines, each one referring to a different selected object. AFAIKS, if you try the script line above with a multiline version of 'the selectedObject', the command doesn't clone all the objects, just the first one. At least I have a test that seems to show this, but finger trouble is always a possibility.

Can anyone confirm, and if they can, is it a bug, or just something missing in the Dictionary (well, that's a bug too, but of another kind)? I'm using LC 6.1.3.

Graham