When is 10 really 13?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 5 09:08:02 EST 2013

I know that LC has this affinity for <LF> (ascii 10) instead of <CR> (ascii
13), but in this case it's going to be a problem.

I am trying to parse a text file that is output from another system.  When
LC reads the file, it automatically interprets all the <CR>'s as <LF>'s.

Thinking I was batty, I grabbed several other development tools that I
use.  Each and every one of them said that what LC said was an <LF> was
really a <CR>, so just to be sure I went to the source of the file, and
sure enough it is putting out <CR>.  Reading further through the code, it
appears that there are cases where both <CR> and <LF> are going to be
output, and the differences are significant to properly handling the data.

SO, do we have a way of dealing with this that I am not aware of?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."