Executing Livecode Server from command line

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 20:33:25 EST 2013

You can also use the #! method to make it run.

Set your script to executable and add:
#!/path/to/server/executable

as the first line. Bash will see the first line and execute the script as
an argument to the program listed on the #! line. (like shell scripts start
with #!/bin/bash or #!/bin/sh or whatever shell is being used)

The problem with this method is that (unless it has been changed)  livecode
server doesn't know to ignore #! lines and will dump it to stdout followed
by whatever your script puts out.