6.5 Problem

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sun Dec 1 17:51:54 EST 2013

Unless of course, the new feature is resolution independence. It would be my guess that most LC debs would put up with a few road bumps to have that. I certainly would! I would never before have attempted to port anything I made to a mobile platform after reading all the posts about the hell and havoc of supporting all the varied resolutions, only to have someone release the very next week yet another Android or iOS device with heretofore unknown resolutions.

I think that what most developers do in these situations is they do not upgrade their dev software in a production environment until they have sussed out the potential issues. This seems to me to be an impossible task, this backwards compatibility thing. Rather, it should have read, all possible effort will be made to remain backward compatible. Otherwise LC will end up with a DOS-like ball and chain around it’s digital ankle.

Bob Sneidar
IT Technician
Integrated Office Technology
bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com<mailto:bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>