[on-rev] Is on-rev ok? [WAS [on-rev] no more SSH login?]

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 06:56:20 EDT 2013

Saw John Craig's message, and am now even more worried.

First and very much foremost since my business depends on this, a
rev-cgi set up that for almost ten years had been working fine, now is
returning vague "error 500 Internal Server Error" messages. This began
after Thursday, and continues to Saturday evening here in Nippon.

Then, trying to figure out what gives, I modified some existing txt
and html files. The files open up but without the changes, even if I
re-access those modified files hours or even a whole day later.

Finally, I created some simple "Hello World" type txt and html files
in my various on-rev directories. Accessing them with Chrome, I get
this: "kweto.com @ on-rev ERROR 404 Cannot find the following url:".
And, yes, the url is not returned. That's the entire error message
each and every time.

I'll wait till Sunday before sending LC that "URGENT" message I wanted
to send Friday night.

Oh, and my server is "thor".

Selfishly hoping I'm not the only one... but moreso that this problem
resolves itself magically.

Cheers.

--
Nicolas Cueto