Parsing iCal Format

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Aug 28 16:53:42 EDT 2013

Greetings!

Has anyone messed around with parsing through a iCal file?  I am writing my own [mobile] calendar that will read in and display iCal data.  Getting and finding data in the file is easy (BEGIN:VEVENT, LOCATION, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, etc.).  The problem is working with RRULE, the Recurrence Rule.  There are 1000's of possible combinations (FREQ, COUNT, UNTIL, INTERVAL, BYDAY, BYMONTH, on and on and on...  UG!).  Before I attempt to scale the mountain, I thought I would ask if anyone has already done this (or something like it).

ANY advice is welcome!

-Dan