Datagrid: Edit row, save to database

Pascal Lehner tate83 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 07:53:31 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Sitting in the Indian sun and writing on my hobby project. (Sorry for
that.. ;-)
Couldn't be better if there wasn't that one thing I cannot figure out just
now.

I load data from several tables (main table: ingredients) from a a SQLite
database into a data grid.

Now I wan't to provide an option to edit such displayed rows within the
data grid. The user should be able to click on a certain field and then
edit it however he wishes. When clicking save (or upon exiting this field),
these data should be saved back to the database. Kinda like Excel can do.
Also, there is fields where he should be able to chose from a drop-down
menu (like 'categories') since these are linked tables and I only store the
index no in the 'ingredients table'.

Similarly, I wan't to provide an option to add new rows but I think that's
going to be a similar command/code.

Is there an easy way to do that?
If not, I might just display several fields with the data for him to edit
below the grid but that probably isn't what a user expects from such a
datagrid..

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pascal