The encoding property

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Aug 26 21:49:20 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> I don't mean to sound pedantic, but serious question:  what is your goal
> with that?

This is for the next release of my lcStackBrowser plugin.  It will include
the ability to display and edit properties within the main lcStackBrowser
window.  As part of that functionality, users can define property groups to
include whatever properties they wish.  In turn, that is achieved by
drag/drop from a list of properties for an object type to a list of
properties within each of their property groups they specify.

Hope that explains the final goal :-)

At the moment, I am using a similar technique to yours where I start of by
getting the keys of the properties than add in a hard coded list of missing
properties for the object.  That's OK but suffers from the downside that
every time a new release of LC comes out with new properties that perhaps
is not included in "the properties" (and there have been quite a few
recently), my list is out of date and I would have to put out a new release
simply to include the new properties.

The issue of synonyms is part of but separate from all that.  I have now
figured out how to get a list of the synonyms for any given property from
Bjornke's db (what an invaluable plugin!), at least to the extent that the
information in the dictionary is accurate.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>