The encoding property

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Aug 26 18:06:16 EDT 2013

On 27/08/2013, at 7:46 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> Here's the list of entries in propertynames that have no matching entry in
> the dictionary.  There's quite a few understandable omissions such as
> "abbrev", "english","system"(why are they in the propertynames?).  Maybe I
> should put this into a QCC report?

The current implementation of the propertyNames is heavily integrated into the parser so I think what you are seeing is the result of using workarounds to get the desired syntax. I suspect that the engine treats abbrev as a property then looks ahead to find out what it's abbrev of... Given that script parsing is changing significantly in the near future I'd hazard a guess that this might get a cleanup.

There's also quite a few IDE only properties in the list which should probably be documented separately rather than in the regular dictionary. However, given the engine itself is virtually undocumented it wouldn't surprise me it that never happens...

Chers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!