Any ideas on working out number of characters(approx) that can be entered into a field

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 12:31:48 EDT 2013

Because the physical split may happen in the middle of a logical line, if the field is set to wrap.
The 'pageRanges' mirrors the 'pageHeights' property in its logic to find out which chunk of the field represents a page.

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====