How to build webcam application

paolo mazza mazzapaoloitaly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 08:38:11 EDT 2013

Mark,
as far as I know at the moment there are only 2 ways to show a LIVE
video streaming in livecode:
1 - use the QuickTime player provided by LiveCode and connect to a
QuickTime streaming server using the rtsp protocol
2 - set up a RevBrowser window in you app, open a  web page with a
player (JVPlayer, FlowPlayer... others) and set the player to receive
the live streaming from a streaming server (ie Wowza)

The first solution is obsolete because almost nobody use anymore the
QuickTime Streaming servers.

The second  solution gives you limited control and interaction with
the video player (you have to use Javascript) . If you want I can send
to you some sample stacks.

I hope RunRev will provide new tools to handle video streaming.

All the best,

Paolo Mazza