Problem with importing snapshot

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Sun Aug 25 22:41:15 EDT 2013

Charles wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thanks for your comments.  I did use my variable, myImage but I accidentally  omitted it. Here is my actual script:
>
> export snapshot from group id 126899 of card "graph" to myImage as PNG
> set the clipBoardData["image"] to myImage
>
> go stack "report"
>
> put myImage into image id 1033 of card "page1" of stack "report"
>

> The stack "report" is a substack of my app and is used for printing.  The code is in my print button of my main stack. The above code works but as I mentioned it strips out the text in the image.
Richard's advice is very good.

You might also try this.

on mouseup
	lock screen
	go to card "graph"
	import snapshot from rect (rect of grp id 126899) of window the windowid of this stack to myImage as PNG
	put myImage into image id 1033 of card "page1" of stack "report"
	go back
	unlock screen
	-- anything else
end mouseup

This bypasses the issue Richard mentioned and simply does a screen capture of the pixels in the area occupied by the group.

Jim Lambert

P.S. You may find it necessary to adjust the width and height of img id 1033 after putting myImage into it.
	set the width of img  image id 1033 of card "page1" to the width of grp id 126899
	set the height of img  image id 1033 of card "page1" to the height of grp id 126899