A basic explanation of what nested or chained behaviors are?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 16:05:50 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> It's in the dictionary under the "behavior" entry, which has been updated
> for LiveCode 6.1. Basically, chained behaviors let you assign more than one
> behavior to an object. The normal inheritance path determines what will
> occur. Messages pass from the first behavior on through subsequent parent
> behaviors until they are acted on.

Ahh.  That makes sense--just letting us put more than one behavior in
the normal message path?

I don't have 6.1 installed on this machine; I'll have to lok when I
get back to the office on Monday (it keeps setting itself as the
default program, and it's not clear to me that it's reached beta
stability, let alone production, so I'm still on 5.5.)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462