html tags recognized by htmlText

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Aug 22 17:33:44 EDT 2013

Pete-

Thursday, August 22, 2013, 10:21:57 AM, you wrote:

> I did indeed and thanks for the link.  Even though I didn't understand your
> instructions, I was able to download the dictionary editor stack and look
> forward to checking out how the dictionary works and its structure.

Yeah, good luck with that. Bjornke understands that stuff better than
most folks, and he can probably chime in here with a rant of his own.

For my part, all I wanted to do was edit/create some doc files for the
engine changes I had made, and I got Mark Waddingham to post the
editor the team uses because a) I wasn't going to edit the xml by
hand, b) I didn't have a way of viewing the results of editing the
xml, and c) I don't know the xml format. The format isn't documented
anywhere, there are xml tags like <glossary> that don't seem to be
editable, but somehow they're in there and I don't know what they do.
The xml format itself seems pretty bad, but it's tightly coupled to
the doc files that get generated from it, so it's not likely to
change.

Meanwhile Bjornke has come up with a way to convert the doc files into
a SQLite database, and that makes it faster, more maintainable, easier
to use, and more flexible. Unfortunately his converter doesn't work on
linux, but the resulting database is cross-platform.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net