LC server experience return anyone ?

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Wed Aug 21 20:28:03 EDT 2013

Hi jbv,

I Know what you means about setting up from scratch on a VPS if you have a
many sites to host and it was all done in a Control Panel. I still don't
know how to set up multiple domains, cron jobs, smtp/pop on my VPS.
Fortunately I could just ignore those issues for my purposes. These are
skills I will learn, but it all takes time.

On a side issue not all VPS accounts are in the "Cloud" where the virtual
machine is free to move to whatever resources the hosting company sees fit.
My VPS is tied to a specific machine in a specific data centre that I
nominated. Doing it this way may cost more per month, but it was essential
for my data to stay here in Sydney.

Scott

-----
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"
www.runrevplanet.com