HTTP proxies

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Aug 20 13:22:10 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am a neophyte when it comes to proxy servers. My application phones home on occasion via HTTP requests (mostly GET but some PUT) to get content update updates and such. One user has reported that this fails because the application isn't set up to use his university's proxy server.

I found the HTTPProxy property in the dictionary. Is it sufficient to give users a way in my application to enter their HTTP proxy server address? This is also a point of confusion to me. I thought that the HTTP proxy was an OS setting that users set up when setting their network settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University