Preventing screen capture hot key combinations

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:24:26 EDT 2013

On 08/20/2013 03:18 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I’m not sure how much effort it’s worth going to. A potential cheat might somehow do a screenshot, find the screenshot, get on to email, email the picture to themselves, and some of those steps you could prevent.
>
> But a far easier way to cheat would be to take a picture of the screen with your camera. You won’t easily defeat that.

The unfortunate fact is that if people really want to cheat they will
find a way to do it.

However photographing a monitor is never very good, what with flash
reflection and so forth.

I don't know whether having some regular screen blanking routine at
something like 10 times a second; too rapid
for the human eye to detect, might not muck up photographs.

The only problem about that is you might end up in court being sued by
someone who claims that
the flashes induced them to have epileptic fits.

Richmond.