Sprite Kit, Box2D, Performance and LiveCode's Approach to Game Coding

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 04:11:12 EDT 2013

Lynn Fredricks: "This is something that they should stay away from. … An investment that cannot work on all supported platforms and not leverage
the natural productivity of LiveCode isn't a good investment for Runtime."

Well put, indeed.
I'm quite convinced about this.
Taking a platform-specific road is a danger.

I'm still concerned about performance issues, though.
Maybe it's me, being too fastidious :)
Still, I wish to see a really cool game or an app with mind-blowing effects done via LiveCode.
It would be a great showcase, don't you think?

Scott's parallax-effect example was a nice one, for example.

Best,

~ Ender Nafi
~… together, we're smarter …~