Unicode in variables

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 19 16:41:55 EDT 2013

Jacque wrote:
> Basically, I'm storing a glossary. The keys are the glossary terms, some
> of which are unicode. The definitions are the elements. The user points
> to a word in a field and I need to retrieve the definition by matching
> the displayed field text (which is unicodetext) with the glossary key.

I can't find where this is mentioned in the docs, but historically there
was a caution against using anything but alphanumeric ASCII characters
for key names.

In my experience that's more strict than it needs to be, but if the
format of encoded arrays is any clue there may still be a restriction on
having NULL bytes in a key name.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World