How on-rev is about to ruin our business

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Mon Aug 19 12:08:14 EDT 2013

Le 19 août 2013 à 11:46, jbv at souslelogo.com a écrit :

> In my previous post about on-rev reliability, I also mentioned the problem
> we had when
> one of our accounts was moved from thor to pancake, with that random bug
> appearing
> in LC scripts that were running fine on thor before the migration…

As soon as thePlanet hosting service went sold to Softlayer, i experienced, alike many others around, problems with my loki's account revServer hosted apps whose never occurred before. After the migration of this account to pancake, i just had to update some PostgreSQL requests (see, in the lists archive, my previous post about the subject; i never use MySQL to empower production apps...) to get all my revServer and LC-server powered apps back to a perfect level of QOS and availability (PingDom monthly tests always over 99,99% and, even, at 100% in july 2013).

> On that account there is an e-commerce site with several pages totally
> screwed because
> of that bug, and the owner of the site is losing $$$ every day because
> several products
> can't be ordered.

What e-commerce framework is in cause : Magento, Prestashop, Drupal Commerce, other PHP+MySQL solution, LC-Server one ?

--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70