How on-rev is about to ruin our business

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Aug 19 10:47:23 EDT 2013

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with on-Rev. I will investigate
your specific issue. Our urgent support is running 24/7 and we do resolve
the most issues very quickly. In the mean time it is probably useful for
you to be aware that we are investing very heavily in the service at the
moment.

To put things in perspective, when we originally signed up to create this
service we partnered with an independent company with an excellent
reputation. We had looked around extensively before making this choice as
we wanted to ensure we had a partner we could depend on. It was critical
to us that we could provide a high quality, robust platform with excellent
customer service to match.

Since that time that company has been bought out several times - indeed it
appears to be practically an annual occurrence! It has now been acquired
by IBM who may or may not do something decent with it. However I can tell
you that with every successive owner the service provided slipped and
slipped, to the point that it became unworkable. We've had instances of
servers being cut off without warning, upgrades incorrectly completed,
slow response times and a whole host of other issues.

After raising these issues repeatedly and seeing no improvement, we took
the decision a few months ago that we needed to move hosting provider. We
are in the process of transitioning the entire service to a new platform
and have been for some time now. The work is almost completed and once it
is completed I know that things will return to a high standard of service.
Not only does the new company enjoy an excellent reputation and
connectivity, but the hardware we are moving you to is vastly bigger,
faster and more capable than the old platform we had several years ago.
Migration is no easy process and each account has at least some manual
work to be done on it. We have a dedicated engineer working on this full
time and another resource available part time.

So again, I unreservedly apologize to anyone who has been affected by this
situation. I will update you when the new platform is finished.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can code