How on-rev is about to ruin our business

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Mon Aug 19 05:46:37 EDT 2013

Hi list,

This is a follow-up to a previous post of mine in which I was questioning
on-rev reliability...
Recently someone praised the on-rev team for reacting quickly everytime
something goes
wrong with the servers, but yesterday mySQL has been down on thor from the
early morning and despite the
2 urgent support requests I've sent, the server went up again around
4:30pm only...
I thought it was a 24/7 service...
I've almost lost a full day of work, which already happened during last
week...
And a new client of ours (for whom we rushed to complete a new app last
week) had planed
to use the last 3 days to enter all data in her DB for the grand opening
of her new store today,
but couldn't complete the work because of yesterday's problems and finally
she's wondering if
she chose the right people for her project...
And thor just stalled again...
And a couple of days ago thor went off so many times that I had to cancel
a software
demo with a potential new client who will probably never call us again...

In my previous post about on-rev reliability, I also mentioned the problem
we had when
one of our accounts was moved from thor to pancake, with that random bug
appearing
in LC scripts that were running fine on thor before the migration...
On that account there is an e-commerce site with several pages totally
screwed because
of that bug, and the owner of the site is losing $$$ every day because
several products
can't be ordered.
I notified the support request twice about it; they said they would
investigate but never
heard of them since. I just learned that the owner of the site is planing
an upgrade and
is about to hire other developers...
Of course the trick would be to re-write everything in php (php scripts
aren't corrupted
on pancake) but then what's the point of using on-rev ?

Sorry for the bitter tone of this post, but I'd wish everything was
working now as fine as
it used to work for the first 2 years I've been using on-rev...
Does anyone have any idea why this service has become so bad during the
past few months ?

jbv